8/09/2012

We wish you well!

Once again it is time to say good-bye to a great group of missionaries. These Elders and Sisters have served with us from the beginning of our mission and throughout their entire mission. Thank you for your service here in the Nevada Las Vegas West Mission. As you each go home and start a new chapter in your book of life we hope the experiences that you have had here in the mission will be a strong foundation for the rest of your lives. We love you!

Temple trip to the Las Vegas Temple prior to going home

Elders Lento, Rice, Barnes, Bradsher, Farnsworth, Mathis, President and Sister Black
Sisters Knighton, Spencer, Dixon, Leilua, Walker

Elder Jithame went home two weeks early to be able to start school.

Elder Theurer had to go home two weeks early because of knee problems.




Elder Theurer

Elder Jithame

Sister Knighton

Sister Spencer

Sister Dixon

Sister Walker

Sister Leilua

Elder Farnsworth

Elder Mathis

Elder Bradsher

Elder Barnes

Elder Rice

Elder Lento

Unloading bags at the airport


One last picture!

_____________


As I stared out the window
the tears still in my eyes,
I saw the vision of those I love
as we said our last good-byes.

The ride was long and trying
as two questions plagued my mind,
"Do I want the life that's up ahead,
Or the one I left behind?"

Two years is such a long, long time
for going door to door.
In my reflecting I thought to myself,
"There really must be more."

I dragged myself down off the plane
and stared smiling at the beach,
When a man turned me the other way
saying, "Elder, go find and teach."

I sit reflecting once again
as this day is my last.
Please Lord, this isn't fair,
the time goes by so fast.

As I stare out the window
the tears still in my eyes,
I see the Elders and friends I love
as we've just said our last good-byes.

The ride was long and trying
as two questions plagued my mind,
"Do I want the life that's up ahead,
or the one I left behind?"

No comments:

Post a Comment