11/14/2010

Elder Childs


Not too long ago Elder Childs was asked to present a fireside in the stake where he was serving. The fireside was wonderful. He told his conversion story through music and talking. In the following paragraph he shares, in a tiny nutshell, his introduction to the church.

"I moved to Indiana at age 11; that is where I was introduced to the church through the scouting program. I grew close to the young men and as time went by I was encouraged to meet with the missionaries. After about a year or so I was was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church. I owe a lot to the friends that never pushed the gospel, but they lived it where great examples to me. Now I am serving the Lord as a mission to bring the same joy and happiness, that I received when I joined the church, to others."

No comments:

Post a Comment