We love the Elders and Sisters that are serving in the
Nevada Las Vegas West Mission.
We appreciate parents and family and friends
that are such a great support to them.
Christmas in the mission is different.
Recently a friend sent the following to me--
TEN REASONS WHY A MISSIONARY CHRISTMAS IS DIFFERENT
1. Last Christmas we were counting our money;
this Christmas we are counting our blessings.
2. Last Christmas we were giving thanks for gifts from stores;
this Christmas we are giving thanks for gifts from our Heavenly Father.
3. Last Christmas we valued things that were costly;
this Christmas we value things that are holy.
4. Last Christmas we were wrapping gifts;
this Christmas we are wrapped up in the work.
5. Last Christmas we looked into people's eyes when we spoke;
this Christmas we look into their hearts.
6. Last Christmas we prayed to obtain a testimony;
this Christmas we pray to share our testimony with others.
7. Last Christmas we were impatient with the weaknesses of others;
this Christmas we are working on our own.
8. Last Christmas we read the scriptures as a duty;
this Christmas we read them as a joy.
9. Last Christmas we thought it was enough to celebrate the holidays;
this Christmas we are finding ways to consecrate them.
10. Last Christmas Las Vegas was just a place on a map;
this Christmas it is a place in our hearts.
Las Vegas is a place in all of our hearts.
There are wonderful people here, we have incredible experiences, we see miracles take place in
people's lives as they embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel blesses families,
it brings peace....a peace that comforts and sustains and blesses. The gospel brings
us a sense of knowing who we are, that we are children of a loving Father in Heaven,
the gospel brings us happiness.
We love being part of the missionary work taking
place in the Nevada Las Vegas West Mission.